Holidays make good writing prompts and with the general elections behind us, we now have the time to do what we love doing. So for another 100k let’s go!
Please read the instructions below before choosing from the following topics;
- The word count is (500-1000) ±10% for poetry and (2000 )± 10% for the rest.
- Send in at least 2 but not more than 3 entries from at least 2 genres.
- The deadline for submission is 11:59 pm 12/04/2023
- Important!!! Entries with multiple errors will not be published.
1. Easter or Christmas? (Poetry)
2. Write about the experience of a young man who decides to be a political thug for the first time. (Fiction)
3. Revenge is best served chilled. (Fiction)
4. How can we celebrate new life on Easter? (Poetry)
5. Nigeria’s indivisibility; a case of sacrosanctity or sycophancy? A study of the Lagos-Igbo crises. (Opinion)
6. The menace of political thuggery in Nigeria; Implications and solutions. (Research Essay)
Submit via email to email@example.com
Note: Endeavour to read our general rules before submitting your work. Pay particular attention to items 2 & 9 because many entries have been trashed for not following instructions.
WARNING!!! PLAGIARISM will get you banned from this platform.
We will publish the essays as they come. Please try to submit early to make our job easier. Share your essays widely for others to read.
Note that we have switched to peer review, so follow us on Twitter to participate in the spaces we host to determine the winners. The date will be announced in due course.